Friday, September 6, 2013

Dinner Time!


Hi everyone!

Another day of yummy, tasty and healthy dinner! What can we do? We just love cooking! :) Today we decided to make chicken breast and veggies with white rice. After a long day at work all you want to do is come home and rest, it is very nice when you have something precooked, so you do not have to worry about making something from scratch. As you know this is not always the case and I myself cook every other day if not every day a new meal. Since I have endometriosis and struggle to get pregnant, I recently started an endo diet, or at least something very close to it. I cut out all the sugar, wheat and red meat. I love candies and sweets, so imagine how hard it is for me to just completely say “No” to all the delicious cakes and chocolate. It is interesting and I do not know if this is a coincidence or it started working, but since I cut out all the sugar from my life :) I got my energy back! Something I lost very long time ago. I feel that after dinner I am not running to the sofa to lay down for a nap like I used to, instead I am able to do things around the house which I would never ever have the energy to do about 2 weeks ago.

OK so let’s get started! Quick and easy, and don’t forget SUPER HEALTHY : )







The ingredients you will need:

  • 3-4 colored bell peppers 
  • 1 medium sized red onion 
  • 3-4 cloves of garlic 
  • 1 cup of broccoli (fresh) 
  • 2 large chicken breasts 
  • 1 cup of white rice
  • Half a lemon 
  • 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil 
  •  Salt and pepper to taste







 

How to prepare:
Heat the pan and add olive oil. Once the olive oil gets warm add finely chopped red onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes, but do not overcook as they will be cooking with other veggies as well. Now add the chopped bell peppers as shown in the picture or in the shape of your choice and stir. Close the lid and continue stirring occasionally until the peppers become slightly soft. Add broccoli and finely chopped garlic. Squeeze half lemon on top and cook until the broccoli is slightly soft.

Now take another pan, pour olive oil and once hot start cooking the chicken breasts. Cut them into bite size pieces and once the oil gets hot add the chicken. Cook until golden brown.

Cook the rice as described on the package. I add 3 cups of water to 1 cup of rice.

It is time to assemble the dish! 


Hope you enjoy and bon appetite! 

Anna





No comments:

Post a Comment